How to become a member
If you are a representative of an international organization or institute with a mandate to support family planning/reproductive health program and you are interested in joining the IBP Initiative:
The IBP Secretariat will forward the application to the IBP Steering Committee with a brief summary of the discussions held.
Once your organization’s application is accepted, a senior executive of your organization will be requested to sign the Memorandum of Understanding Extension Document.
The following criteria must be fulfilled to become either an IBP Partner or IBP Affiliated Partner of the IBP Initiative.
- Have a direct affiliation with knowledge management and/or reproductive health issues, particularly family planning, maternal and neonatal health care, adolescent reproductive health and the integration of STI/HIV prevention and care
- Be engaged in activities that support the vision, goals and objectives of the IBP Initiative
- Be able to abide by the principles and guidelines laid out in the IBP Initiative MOU and Operating Guidelines
- Ensure commitment and support (either financial and/or in kind) to the IBP Initiative within their own organizations and country-specific programs by incorporating the vision, goals and activities of the IBP Initiative into their strategies and workplans
- Identify synergies and work collaboratively with IBP partner agencies and representatives from the ministry of health at global, regional and country levels
- Allocate resources to lead and/or support the work of Task Teams focused on achieving activities detailed in their own and the IBP's Program of Work